This is an easy recipe for you to make with your kids and yet, the deep complex flavours will please all members of the family.
• 120gm packet of diced hazelnuts
• 125gms butter/margarine
• ½ cup caster sugar
• 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
• 1½ cups plain flour
• ½ tsp salt
• 1 egg
• Set the over to 170o
• Using a mixmaster, cream the butter and sugar and vanilla together until pale.
• Add egg and mix well.
• Add flour, salt and hazelnuts until cookie dough is formed.
• Using a dessert spoon, place balls of dough on a well-greased cookie sheet or a cookie sheet lined with baking paper.
• Press each ball of dough down with a fork to make a pleasing pattern.
• Place in the oven for approximately 12-15 minutes until the edges are golden.
• The cookies can be stored in an airtight container for up to three days, however, we’ve never known them to hang around that long: they are very popular.
Sign up now for the latest news from the Goulburn area direct to your inbox.